Morrison Township, Aitkin County, Minnesota
|• Total||36.6 sq mi (94.9 km2)|
|• Land||36.0 sq mi (93.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.7 sq mi (1.7 km2)|
|Elevation||1,207 ft (368 m)|
|• Density||5/sq mi (2.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0665039|
Morrison Township was named for Edward Morrison, an early settler.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.6 square miles (94.9 km2), of which 36.0 square miles (93.2 km2) is land and 0.66 square miles (1.7 km2), or 1.80%, is water.
- Krilwitz Lake
- Waukenabo Township (north)
- Logan Township (northeast)
- Fleming Township (east)
- Spencer Township (south)
- Aitkin Township (southwest)
The township contains Riverside Cemetery.
As of the census of 2000, there were 186 people, 70 households, and 52 families residing in the township. The population density was 5.2 people per square mile (2.0/km2). There were 79 housing units at an average density of 2.2/sq mi (0.8/km2). The racial makeup of the township was 97.31% White, 1.08% African American, 0.54% Native American, and 1.08% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.08% of the population.
There were 70 households, out of which 30.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.7% were married couples living together, 2.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.3% were non-families. 20.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 10.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.66 and the average family size was 3.04.
In the township the population was spread out, with 24.2% under the age of 18, 4.8% from 18 to 24, 28.0% from 25 to 44, 26.3% from 45 to 64, and 16.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females, there were 97.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 107.4 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $25,750, and the median income for a family was $27,500. Males had a median income of $31,875 versus $21,250 for females. The per capita income for the township was $13,984. About 14.3% of families and 15.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 28.9% of those under the age of eighteen and 6.7% of those 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Morrison township, Aitkin County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved June 14, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Upham, Warren (2001). Minnesota Place Names: A Geographical Encyclopedia. Minnesota Historical Society Press. p. 17. ISBN 9780873513968.