I am a 27 year old male.
I enjoy reading Wiki.
I was raised from birth an Evangelical Christian of the born-again variety. In my late teens, I began to doubt my faith, leading towards my desire to find a religion that fits. That lasted a couple years, to where I discovered that religion is not something that I think I need, but which people other than myself think I need. I am now an atheist with an interest in understanding why previously, as a Christian, I felt it necessary that I should believe one ideology over another, and later, any at all.
Upon examination, I have not found necessity to believe anything, with religious beliefs being held solely for the psychologically enslaving emotions of (1) fear, and/or (2) desire, and no other reason.
- Suing Telemarketers and Debt Collectors under the FCRA and FDCPA for fun and profit
- Texas Hold 'Em (I play in the APL league)
- Philosophy (everything I can read)
- Religion (the viciousness of religion, Bertrand Russell, Andrew D. White, etc)
- The Entheogen-induced dissociative cognitive state (Amanita muscaria)
- Jesus-myth Phenomenology
- Block-universe determinism ("No-Free-Will")
- Debating axiomatically (topological argument vs. axiom)
- Comedian Bill Hicks
- Electromagnetism, Water electrolysis and Telluric current