|Full name||Darian Roy Townsend|
|National team|| South Africa|
|Born||28 August 1984|
Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
|Height||1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||87 kg (192 lb)|
|Club||YMCA Westside Silverfins|
|College team||University of Florida|
University of Arizona
Darian Roy Townsend (born 28 August 1984) is a competition swimmer and Olympic gold medalist who competed for South Africa. He became a U.S. citizen during the summer of 2014, and has subsequently represented the United States in international events.
Townsend attended the University of Arizona, where he swam for the Arizona Wildcats swimming and diving team in 2007 and 2008. He previously attended the University of Florida and competed for the Florida Gators swimming and diving team in 2005 and 2006.
- List of Commonwealth Games medallists in swimming (men)
- List of University of Florida Olympians
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (men)
- World record progression 200 metres individual medley
- World record progression 4 × 100 metres freestyle relay
- Sports-Reference.com, Olympic Sports, Athletes, Darian Townsend. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Darian Townsend". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020.
| Men's 200-metre individual medley
world record-holder (short course)
15 November 2009 – 17 December 2010
|This biographical article related to a South African swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a South African Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|