User talk:BesigedB/Archive 1
Please add a comment using this link or by clicking "edit" beside one of the sub-headers below.
- Unless you ask me otherwise, I'll reply to your comment here and not on your talk page.
|This page is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
Hello, welcome to Wikipedia.
- You can find lots more information, including open tasks and daily tips, at the community portal.
- You can sign your name using three tildes, like this: ~~~. If you use four, you can add a datestamp as well.
- Before saving a page, it's a good idea to use the Show preview button to review your edits. Also, consider writing a summary for each edit.
Again, welcome! Chris Roy 19:54, 15 Mar 2004 (UTC)
You subway perv ;)
Re: edit logging
Yeah I know that, I'm already registered. Thanks anyway. :) Shane King 23:18, Nov 17, 2004 (UTC)
re: vanity pages
Thanks for the suggestion, Andrew. I'm still learning Wikipedia ettiquette, so I appreciate the polite nudge. :-) - andy carvin, 21:38 GMT, Dec 19, 2004
re: speedy deletion - do I have to do anything? I clicked on the speedy deletion link and I didn't see any instructions. -andy carvin
Thanks for adding the template. It appears that once the template has been added, and a listing put in the Wikipedia:Copyright problems, it is handled by administrators. Is it proper to start writing a replacement article on its Talk page, or would that be deleted as well? -Willmcw 00:22, 25 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Thanks again for placing the copyvio template on the Alan Hollinghurst article. How do we go about starting a replacement page? Should we start adding it after the template text? The template gives some unclear directions about creating a stub, but I'm not sure if it should be in the same page or where. Thanks agains for your help. -Willmcw 06:05, 3 Jan 2005 (UTC)
stepping on inuse tag
Sorry. I was in before you and didn't see the inuse tag in the conflict summary. Gazpacho
Votes for Deletion
Vote on Main Page intro
Yup...saw it. We must've been editing it at the same time. Thanks for catching it first! - Lucky 6.9 23:35, 28 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Hi, I am the author of the page in question. I have posted to Lucky 6.9's discussion page an explanation. According to the WP:CP it seems that he has withdrawn his entry and yours is the only one remaining. Here is the explanation I posted on Lucky 6.9's page:
- Hi, I am the violator of the copyright (not really a violation actually). The original author (John Hauser, also my father) gave me permission to reuse his writing and picture in the wiki. This is the first entry I have created, thus I am not sure how to take care of this violation. I posted that I had permission in the discussion page of the entry. Is this enough? I apologize for any problems I may have created. Thanks ahauser 19:32, 28 Dec 2004 (EST)
- Hi, thanks for your comment. I'm not sure why it is stated as being copyrighted by AMS. The ORIGINAL bio, which is copyrighted by my father, is at http://web.mit.edu/hauser/www . The AMS bio was copied from there. In any case, to avoid any other issues, I will simply write a new article. Thanks for your patience. ahauser 21:01, 28 Dec 2004 (EST)