Sir Anthony Michael Vaughan Salz (born 30 June 1950) is a British solicitor. He sat on the Board of Governors of the BBC from 1 August 2004, after the resignation of the former Vice Chairman, Lord Ryder, and was Acting Chairman in 2006 following the resignation of Michael Grade as BBC Chairman on 28 November 2006, Salz became Acting Chairman, and continued in this position until the BBC Trust succeeded the Governors on 1 January 2007.
Salz's career had given him experience in the broadcasting industry, as he had worked on the merger of Rupert Murdoch's Sky Television with the ailing British Satellite Broadcasting to form BSkyB. Until 2006, he was co-senior partner at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.
Early life and education
Salz has spent most of his career at Freshfields and its successor, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. He spent a year at Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York in the late 1970s. From 1980-2006, Salz made partner. From 1990-1994, Salz was the head of corporate finance.
In 1996, he became senior partner of Freshfields. He was Co-Senior Partner of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer from 2000 until 2006.
In 2006, Salz joined Rothschild as an Executive Vice Chairman.
- "Anthony Michael Vaughan SALZ". Debretts. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1916-2007
- "Anthony Salz". BNE Group. Archived from the original on 30 June 2013. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- "Advisory Council – Anthony Salz". Business for New Europe. Archived from the original on 30 June 2013. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- Wachman, Richard; Curtis, Polly (16 December 2010). "Budget deficit,Civil service (Politics),Spending review 2010,Politics,Coalition Liberal-Conservative coalition,Economics (Business),Business,Francis Maude,Public finance (Society),UK news". The Guardian. London.
- Luft, Oliver (29 May 2009). "Guardian Media Group,The Guardian (Media),National newspapers UK (media),Newspapers,Press and publishing,Media". The Guardian. London. Archived from the original on 23 December 2011.
- "Bloomsbury Appoints New Chairman". Daily Telegraph
- "No. 60534". The London Gazette (Supplement). 15 June 2013. p. 2.
- "Birthday Honours List 2013" (PDF). HM Government. 14 June 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 October 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- BBC Press Office: Biography
- Grade quits BBC post to join ITV
- Salz's linked to Chairman position at Southampton FC
| Vice Chairman of the BBC
1 August 2004 – 31 December 2006
as Vice Chair of the BBC Trust
| Chairman of the BBC
28 November - 31 December 2006
as Acting Chair of the BBC Trust